cold weather problems!

This horridly cold weather here in Connecticut US has got my '81 rocco
doing crazy stuff..

First, both doors were completely frozen shut! I threw my weight into
both of them.. I thought I was gonna rip the handles right off.. I had
to get in through the trunk... Ugh.

Is there something I can grease up to prevent freezing?

Also, one time the heater blower didn't work at ALL when it was cold,
all other times, it was very noisy.

And lastly, the windshield wiper was moving painfully slow. Should I
grease the mechanism up? Or should I lubricate the  control arm?
hehehehe...sorry.

-Dave
(2) '81 Sciroccos