Re: Grounding Cold Start valve?? - Clarity pls.

> I have a stock seeming ground connection between the 5th injectorand the
> manifold. It was not installed as an after thought. I describe it because I
> found out it was supposed/intended/designed that way.

    Yeah, after talking with Potterman, he says CIS-E cars are very ground
sensitive.  It appears as if all Sciroccos use the same 5th injector
(according to the microfiche).  Strange then how the 16v Sciroccos
require this ground wire from its housing to ground, considering you would
think it would ground itself where you bolt it up.  Dammit, I want a 16v
car in my garage so I can run my own tests.

    Anyways, I think William and I got confused when Rich started talking
permanent ground wire.  He was talkign about grounding the entire unit
rather than the Green w/Wht wire, which I believed he was talking about.
All of that aside, I think the same thing applies to testing the cold
start with jumpering the thermo time switch.  Sounds as if CIS-E cars
need to have the wire from cold start case to ground, where as when doing
tests on my car it isnt necessary.  I am still trying to figure out
why this is a stupid test.  Which is weird considering they are the same
cold start valve.  I am even looking at a diagram taken from the 16v
Bentley, Electronic engine controls - 16-valve Scirocco Page 2 of 4.
There is NO explicit ground wire on the cold start valve as in the thermo
time switch which is even more confusing.  Dammit, too bad we cant have
conference meeting to settle this once and for all  =)

 Andre'
 Neon Green 79