Re: Cheep 16s!

>   The MSW is 7", the OZ, 7.5". I haven't yet called to find out the exact
> offset, but the thing is, they only come up at this size when you search for
> A2 wheels. I thought the offsets are the same.

    Hmm, well as far as I know, all H20 VWs have the same bore, 57.1mm,
and the same bolt pattern, 4x100, *excluding* VR6 cars.  I would think
offsets would be the same as well, or fairly close, but I am not certain
on that for I have never searched for proper golf offsets.

Can the Golf accomodate a wider
> range of offsets than the Scirocco? There's 37 16" wheels listed for an 85
> Golf, but only 15 listed for *any* Rocco, even an 87 16v.

   I run a 7.5" wide rim with 35mm offset and I think its perfect.  BUT, a
friend who has different rear springs than I do, has a rubbing problem cuz
his springs are wider than mine.  I can measure my springs if you like, I
am going to do it for another list member anyways, which I keep forgetting
to do.  As for a 7 rim, I think 38mm offset would be appropriate.

> What would potentially be the clearance problem, the fender or the strut?

   If you are stiff enough up front, you should have no problems.  Strut
clearence isnt an issue cuz you can adjust camber to avoid that problem.
Worry about rubbing the rear fender well.  I have 4 pics showing where i
shaved my rear fender lip if you are interested.

 Andre'
 Neon Green 79