Re: Car is stalling...help!!

At 11:22 AM 12/27/98 , Rich Zuk wrote:
>Thanks for responding, here's more data....
>The exhaust leak were the manifold and the downpipe join was there, but I
>was putting it off because I felt it wasn't that bad.  It was getting
>progressively worse.  Loud hissing was the only sign of the ehaust leak.

Hey Rich,
	I had a friend have a similar problem very recently on his 130,000 mile
Hyundai.  The car ran fine when cool, but made a very loud hissing sound
under any load and would not run once hot (would start immediately, idle
like shit, and then just stall.)
	The problem turned out to be an almost completely blocked catalytic
converter.

	Now, I can't be sure that this is your problem, but a loud hissing
(especially one that gets worse under load) signals a blockage in your
exhaust.  A big hole in the downpipe would just make a whole lotta noise.

	Good luck!
			Jason