Car is stalling...help!!

Thanks for responding, here's more data....
The exhaust leak were the manifold and the downpipe join was there, but I
was putting it off because I felt it wasn't that bad.  It was getting
progressively worse.  Loud hissing was the only sign of the ehaust leak.
However, the car was running okay till Dec 24.,  the temp dropped to about
20 degrees.    The car didn't want to start, once it did the exhaust leak
near the manifold was loud, smelly, and the motor was/is vibrating
tremendously.  Can't describe the sound of car not wanting to start.  Not
sure if starter was problem, fuel delivery, or motor. Then, before being
warmed up, it would not stall out.  Tach was steady 1000rpms.  Once warmed
up and driving light to light, an increase in loss of power, hesitation, and
finally stalling.  Then difficult to get started again.  Would stall at
every stop sign, stop light.

My family member on Christams Day said the exhust leak plus fumes under the
hood could be messing up the "sensor controls" and giving wacky readings ,
and messed up back pressure, causing this whole mess.
It sounds like a diesel van running on 2 cylinders.  But, there's always a
but...it happened when it got really cold here.  It was running a bit rough
before, but nothing like this.   Hope to hear some more responses.  Thank
You!!

Rich