Re: Grounding Cold Start valve?? Demystified

> Take a brown, small guage, ground wire.
> Hook one end to the battery's negative post connector.
> Run it around the back of the firewall and secure it along the way.
> Unscrew one of the cold start ( also know as the '5th' ) injector's
> mounting bolts.
> Clean the metal surfaces with a good electronics contact cleaner.
> Place a spade type wire connector on the bolt and reinsert the bolt back
> were it was.
> Connect the other end of the brown ground wire to the spade connector that
> is now apart of the body/case/outside of the 5th injector.
> Do Not harm, alter, disturb the 5th injector's signal wires, those that
> activate it during cold starts.
>
> Nuf said.
> Andre- put the egg nog down man.

    Heheh, at least its not crack!  =)  Easiest way to test it is to take
plug off thermo time switch, provided you did check on wire from cold
start to thermo, and insert your brown wire in there and put it to either
the neg term of battery or to chassis, body, what have you, anthing that
is connected to ground, and then try the car.  No need to run all sorts of
wires, unless you want to make it more complicated  =)  The grounding of
the cold start valve housing is of no consequence.  It is too hard to get
power to the spade terminal and tap ground onto the spade terminal, so why
not just leave the plug on the cold start and then ground the thermo plug,
much easier.  Waoh, this thing is getting out of control, heheheh...  =)

  Andre'
  Neon Green 79 and no, my mom wasnt on the cover of Crack Whore magazine!