Re: Grounding Cold Start valve?? (Dont do it)

> Andre, he doesn't mean ground the switch (to close the circuit and have the
> valve run..) he means to ground the body of the valve so that WHEN the
> valve is running(ie when the thermo-time switch is closed) it can find an
> easy ground and maybe run better. heheh I hope i made sense here.

   Hehe, I think I sorta understand.  Here is my take on this matter.
The key thing is is if the valve runs. Grounding the valve to the body
itself woud only work if for some reason where it threads into that hose
inlet thingamajig, if that gound is poor, maybe then it will help.  But if
you were to have a broken connection right after the spade terminal on the
thermo time switch, the grounding of the unit onto something else would be
pointless.  My point was to bypass the thermo time switch all together and
test the cold start valve.  By taking the thermo time switch out of the
equation you can focus on the cold start valve.  Taking the plug off and
grounding their mutual wire seems to be the easiest way to test the cold
start, IMHO and also the Bentelys.

 My car
> came with 2 spades already on the mounting bolts of the cold start valve
> for grounding. Couldn't hurt!

   Weird, I have 2 spades for my cold start, 1 for power during ignition
start, the other goes to the thermo time switch.   I have no spades on the
mounting bolts to ground the cold start valve.  The outer casing of the
valve itself does not need ground as far as I know, or else the tests with
it out of the car would not work.

> did you get your speedo fixed Andre? My offer's still open! I dont need
> that crappy 85

   Nope, still havent fixed it yet. I cant believe I read that email and I
didnt respond.  I totally forgot until you mentioned it again  =)  Would
they be the same gear?  I have a 100MPH Motometer unit with FO tranny.
I just want to make sure that the speedo and the milage concur with each
other.  If you think they are the same, I couldnt pass up such a deal? =)

  Andre'
  Neon Green 79