Re: Grounding Cold Start valve?? (Dont do it)

Andre, he doesn't mean ground the switch (to close the circuit and have the
valve run..) he means to ground the body of the valve so that WHEN the
valve is running(ie when the thermo-time switch is closed) it can find an
easy ground and maybe run better. heheh I hope i made sense here. My car
came with 2 spades already on the mounting bolts of the cold start valve
for grounding. Couldn't hurt! (Rich: you dont need 4 gauge wire for this
bad boy :) anything bigger than 18gauge should work for such a small
current as the cold start valve. i'd use 14)

did you get your speedo fixed Andre? My offer's still open! I dont need
that crappy 85

At 11:21 AM 12/28/98 -0800, you wrote:

>> I'm not saying ground the wire to the thermo-time switch (which WOULD be
>> stupid), just ground the body by way of the socket headed cap screw.   I've
>> been doing it for three years now, and it WORKS.  Don't take my word for it
>> though (or VW's TSB).  Keep on crankin'...
>
>    You could do this as well, but doesnt it require taking out the thermo
>time switch?  By simply grounding the green or blue wire, whichever it is,
>NOT the red w/blk stripe, you gain the same results, all without having to
>take out the thermo time switch.  Or am I missing somethign here?  And why
>would it be stupid?
>
> Andre'
> Neon Green 79

Kevin Fry roccin '81 S 1.8
"You are what you drive- Cadillac Eldorado: I am a very good Mary Kay
salesman."