16v Conversion help still needed

Hey,

  I still haven't heard much back about the question I posted a while ago
about doing a 16v conversion.  Except for Shawn, and he was wrong.  As
usual (grin).

Here's the problem:  For those of you who have done 16v conversions, what
have you done about electrical systems?  The wiring harness for the engine
won't just plug into my existing fuse box.  Is it suggested to "make" the
engine system fit, or should I splice in the donor car's fuse box?

Donor:  86 Scirocco 16v (and it's beyond salvage, acting as an organ donor is
                         merciful, let me tell you.)

Recipient: '81 Rabbit Convertible.

Thanks.  If there's any more details that needs to be provided, I can do so.

| Jim Jarrett,CCP                                                   |
| Eastman Kodak Co. - Professional Digital Cameras                  |
| 901 Elmgrove Road MC 35504                                        |
| Rochester, NY 14653-5504         Phone:(716) 726-6365             |
| jarrett@kodak.com           All opinions expressed are mine alone |
| http://www.kodak.com                                              |