Re: Bad Heating Coil and or hoses?

Heater core ( that is ).

Check up under the dash for green stuff ( or coolant smell ).  If you
smell coolant when you start the car and turn on the defrost or get
greasy stuff inside the windshield you most likely have a leaky heater
core.  If you see any green stuff under the dash ( toward the middle
somewhere ) you will be spending a weekend soon standing on your head
replacing the heater core.  Its not a nice job -- buy some Tylenol.

Racer X