Re: how can i make my teardrops shine....

At 10:09 pm -0500 15/12/98, Edward J Lin wrote:
>is 75/wheel worth it?  i thought i remember a few years ago that brand new
>teardrops were 99/wheel.  am i right or have they apprecieated

I think that figure is right.  Is it Rapid Parts that advertises them at
that price?  Whatever the case, refinished wheels are virtually
indistinguishable from brand new ones.  I got a set of OZs this summer that
were pretty beat-up, but after I had them refinished they were literally
mint.  So if the choice is between buying new rims and having them
refinished, I would save $25 per wheel and have them refinished...

>idiot stole my rim right off my car and left it on blocks...i suppose they
>were "nice" enough to leave it on blocks instead of just the rotor.

Heheh, you got lucky!  I've had my car dropped onto big rocks that sat
underneath the floorpan, and then another time dumped on the rotors.. :)