Re: how can i make my teardrops shine....

At 06:24 PM 12/15/98 -0800, you wrote:
>At 9:10 pm -0500 15/12/98, Bryan Brannigan wrote:
>>What about wire brushing them, and clear coating them yourself???? or is
>>that a completly insane idea?
>
>I suppose you could do that, but will a wire brush leave a finish you like?
>I guess you could polish them or whatever after... the main thing, though,
>is that wheel refinishers bake the rims after painting them.  I dunno what
>kind of clearcoat they use, either, but I suspect it's something that
>requires hi-temp curing?

is 75/wheel worth it?  i thought i remember a few years ago that brand new
teardrops were 99/wheel.  am i right or have they apprecieated
significantly since then.  the only reason i know is because some f#$!&%
idiot stole my rim right off my car and left it on blocks...i suppose they
were "nice" enough to leave it on blocks instead of just the rotor.

~ed
1987 16v
ithaca, ny