Re: how can i make my teardrops shine....

At 1:41 pm -0500 15/12/98, Chris Coracini wrote:
>my teardrop wheels are very dull, makes my whole car look dull.  i've
>seen a few out there that are nice and shiny.  i've tried all the
>cleaning products, but it never gets that nice "from the factory" shine.
> how can i get that back?  is there a miracle "VW teardrop wheel
>cleaner"?

Methinks the clearcoat on them is ruined, which will happen if you (or
previous owners) have abused them with harsh wheel cleaners, or let brake
dust build up too long.  The only solution I know of is to send them in to
be refinished... It'll probably cost you about $75/wheel?  They'll remove
the clearcoat, maybe machine them down a touch to get a nice surface, then
re-coat them.  They'll look NICE when they're done, but it's still about
$300.