10 volts sucks

As you guys ( n gals ) prob. remember I had recently did a motor swap and I
have been dialing in the fuel and air and timing, figuring the header on the
output and the need to swap the dist. had led to my lack of smooth idle and
overall performance.

The other night I notice the charging warning light coming on, and got worse
when the lights were on, etc. Sucked around for 3 or 4 days watching and
noticing it come and go. Today at lunch I tested the voltage and only saw 10v
!

Quick and hurry back home at lunch  to swap the other 65 amper I had in the
back of the other car and tada- 13.34 volts thankyouverymuch.  How bizare that
the battery never ran all the way down.

Man, things improved so much. Hardly any bogging down around 3k-4k, ran right
up the redline in second gear, better pull on the freeway, etc. The kind of
stuff it would do before. I got used to having the volt guage in the GTI and
haven't installed one in the Roc. Would have saved a lot of head scratching.

This weekend- retrofit wiring harness to the post type connectors ( don't
forget to solder, not just crimp on ) so I can install the 90 amp alt. I'd
pulled from an Audi awhile back. Swap pulleys and away we go. ( Shawn, you
were right, I had all I needed from the begining. )

WooHoo! More Power!

TBerk
Amps and speakers and improved lighting in the works.