RE: 1.8 liter injection to a 2.0 liter head?

Dan May wrote:

> WATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS????.. i mean Mark?  '96???  I've never
> heard of a 96
> havin a 16V...

You're right.  The junkyard guy said Jetta, but I'm sure he meant Passat.
He may have made me a deal that I can't refuse.  He said he'd throw in the
16V 5 speed tranny, all injection hardware, wiring, computers, etc, for
$1500.  I need a tranny anyway, since my case is cracked again after having
welded it during a rebuild after the ring gear tried to poke two escaping
rivets thru the case.  And the way I drive, I could use a spare transmission
anyway.  As for the airflow sensor and other injection stuff (other than the
manifold), I'll put it in the 2.6 liter Type 4 powered airplane that I'm
building in my basement.  Killed three birds with this deal, and I get it
all in one piece!  I thought about a VR6 conversion, but that would be twice
the price.  In a few years, I'll put a hopped up VR6 in the back seat of the
Ghia, and actually have a heater and A/C too!

Thanks for all the help folks.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
87 16V Scirocco, 89 Audi 100, 74 2110cc Karmann Ghia (Cobra KIller),  72 Bus
mailto:langford@hiwaay.net
see KR2S N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford