Re: Jamax Air box

In a message dated 12/13/98 11:12:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vwpride@mixi.net writes:

<<  I'm just saying that the stock airbox is not
 starved for air to begin with.  It's like saying: "I've got a funnel with a 1
inch
 outlet that's 6 inches wide at the top, and I'm gonna really be able to make
water
 pour faster through it if I make it 12" inches at the top."
 Now, if you have a ported and polished intake, cam, dual downpipe, big tb
etc, and
 see your intake boot constricting upon itself or feel you're starving for air
at
 the front, that's another matter.  >>

Jim... I totally agree with you... but... Bernouley's(sp?) principle says that
if you have more air flowing at the beginnning of a restricted  funnel then
the air at the other end will have to move faster.  I think this arguement is
where everyone gets the idea that their cars will be faster with the chopped
box.... problem is that the chopped box is still having the air sucked in so
it can't move any faster.  That's Y i feel that a RAM AIR system is ideal and
I'm still trying to design a good one.
Dan May
8716VScirocco 95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87