Re: US spec Headlights don't suck........

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 16:42:07 EST skerocdriver@juno.com (Shawn C Meze, or a
reasonable facsimile thereof) drooled out

>ANYMORE! Hah-ha!
>
>I just finished installing the much discussed relays in my roc. I used 2
>relays for the low beams and one relay for the highs and another relay
>(pre-existing before today) for my Hella 300 driving lights.
>End results is WOW what a difference. I cant wait for nightfall for the
>full effect. I did the right side first and compared the 2 sides with the
>lights on. A definite improvement.
>I think they're so much better in fact that I will KEEP my US lights AND
>use stock bulbs. (That aught to piss _somebody_ off.)
>
>Gotta go, the GLi awaits its transformation.........

I saw the same improvement when I put the Hella 4-round grille in my
convertible.  Since I'd already bought the 80/100 H4's and 100w H3's at
Waterfest, I put them in anyways.  Of course it turned out that a) someone
had put a stupid HondaBoy :-) "Ion Blue" bulb in one box and b) touched the
other so that it exploded with a quite impressive arc and smoke pouring out
of the toasted inside of my headlight.

Moral:  Don't buy bulbs at shows unless they're shrinkwrapped.

(My friend Robbin has a Grand Cherokee, and is suitably impressed with the
difference in lighting between her car and mine, I may have to garner huge
points with her and do the same thing.....)

| Jim Jarrett,CCP                                                   |
| Eastman Kodak Co. - Professional Digital Cameras                  |
| 901 Elmgrove Road MC 35504                                        |
| Rochester, NY 14653-5504         Phone:(716) 726-6365             |
| jarrett@kodak.com           All opinions expressed are mine alone |
| http://www.kodak.com                                              |