San Diego autocross, sunday 12-13 [kinda long, kinda boring ;)]

Well all, it was nice seeing you guys at the auto-x if only for a little
bit, but I did get a bunch of runs in on that AWESOME track!

It's only my 3rd time running but it was such a good track i think it will
be hard to top that. I got it up to 7200+ rpm in 2nd gear on the back long
sweeper which is about 65 mph

I ran on my worn out street tires, 195/50-15 yoko A509's and they worked
really good actually didn't stick well, but very predictable. I ran about
33 psi front and 28 rear and the car was sooooo neutral I couldn't believe
it! I was hanging the tail out on a whim, and bring it back into line with
a tap of the throttle, i felt like an FIA World Rally driver :)  It helps
when you have a 28mm rear sway with no front bar, heheh

My first run was a 87.504 (i didn't walk the course)
second: 83.111
last 82.155

Then we had fun runs for about an hour with hardly any line, it was great.
First I let Todd Cameron drive my car, and he got a 77.287! Wow i didn't
know my rocco could even go that fast, it gives me something to shoot for.
He was really impressed w/ my cars power and the neutral handling though.
To compare, there was a G-Stock '98 Integra Type-R, and he was averaging
around 73's i think.
	Next I got to drive Todd's 1st gen RX-7, but we wont talk about that. I
learned the hard way-- you dont stomp on the gas in a rear wheel drive when
the tail end is coming out. two spins in one run, ouch!

My fun runs went:
81.029
80.783
80.004 -- almost made 70's!!

with all those runs in I blistered/corded my left front tire on the inside
pretty bad. For some reason that is the tire that always spins instead of
the right. hmm. Oh well I have new PZero's in the garage anyways.

It was cool to finally meet you Doug, I like your rocco! :) how did
everyone else do?
Kevin Fry  '81 S 1.8
"You are what you drive: Acura Legend: I'm too bland for German cars."