Re: Piss on him!!!!!!!

At 01:44 AM 12/13/98 -0800, Jason wrote:

>I hear this crap every day. I work at an auto parts store that's located
>next to a shop. Many of my co workers and customers next door talk a lot of
>shit about my car. I have a question for everyone: Why is it so many people
>(mainly ford and chevy owners it seems like..) get so angry at the site of a
>volkswagen? They don't care so much about bashing a nissan, mazda, toyota
etc..
>but vw's make them mad for some reason. Maybe cars that are fun to drive and
>have some style
>piss them off or make them jealous or something. Any thoughts?

How old are the bashers?  I'm asking 'cause my dad was a WWII veteran who
*hated* VW until I got my first Beetle.  After driving it a couple times,
he was a convert.

I always found this strange, too; Germany wasn't the only country we fought
in WWII, after all, and this leaves the door open for a lot of hatred.
Germany and its culture seems to have borne the brunt of it all.

Carlyle