Re: is the price right...Bob

At 01:22 AM 12/13/98 PST, noodle noggin wrote:
>hey I'm checking out this '87 Scirocco, they are asking $1200, I know it
>is impossible to give an accurate price because of all the variables,
>but what do you think? ball park or not?
>
>c-ya,
>dave

I paid exactly half that for my '78.  It was primer gray,  and had a
totally screwed-over interior, some sort of body kit that was attached with
drywall screws (visible), and, strangely, a set of those cool wheels that
used to come on GTIs and so forth in the 80s.  It ran, at least.  Without
the wheels, though, it would have been worth $300.00, probably.

I even got the guy to give me a bunch of stuff off his parts car, like door
panels and so forth.  He basically just let me take what I wanted.

I use the car as a parts car now, and it's saved me some pretty big bucks
doing it that way.

Anyhow, I'm rambling.  If the car you're looking at is pretty much cherry,
offer him $1000.

Carlyle