Re: Piss on him!!!!!!!

On the German hate issue of the anti VW crowd, maybe it's because the VW
was he brainchild of the Fuehrer, and the Beetle was his design!

BTW, also the most popular car ever built!
Why do you think they call it "Hitler's revenge"!

---- Begin included message ----
At 01:44 AM 12/13/98 -0800, Jason wrote:

>I hear this crap every day. I work at an auto parts store that's located
>next to a shop. Many of my co workers and customers next door talk a lot of
>shit about my car. I have a question for everyone: Why is it so many people
>(mainly ford and chevy owners it seems like..) get so angry at the site of a
>volkswagen? They don't care so much about bashing a nissan, mazda, toyota
etc..
>but vw's make them mad for some reason. Maybe cars that are fun to drive and
>have some style
>piss them off or make them jealous or something. Any thoughts?

How old are the bashers?  I'm asking 'cause my dad was a WWII veteran who
*hated* VW until I got my first Beetle.  After driving it a couple times,
he was a convert.

I always found this strange, too; Germany wasn't the only country we fought
in WWII, after all, and this leaves the door open for a lot of hatred.
Germany and its culture seems to have borne the brunt of it all.

Carlyle