Re: [autox tranny problem revealed][storytime kiddies]

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 03:09:37 -0500 Kathy Teulie
<104372.1061@compuserve.com> writes:

>As Shawn was finishing they called his 82 "THE DIESEL SCIROCCO."

I didn't hear that part. Well, at least he didn't call my car a CRX again
like last event... dolts.

> So I made a mad dash to mount the race
>wheels on to my car and run the next 3 runs.  Some guy who looked like
>he knew what he was doing helped me change the wheels from Shaws to
mine.

That would of been me. :)

>Would the CV blow?    Y  /  N

Circle the "N"

>Was I just nervous?     Y  /  N

Circle the "Y"

>Is Shawn the King of bad luck?    Y  /  N

Circle the "Y", twice with a big red pen.

>So out I go to do my second run. This run was worse! Now I knew the car
>was broken. We jacked up the car to look and the front wheel almost fell
>off. The dude who helped me put the wheels on the car did not fully
tighten
>them.

Well, we were in such a hurry, I thought you had tightened the wheel
since you had put it on the front, I installed the rear wheel. I should
of checked the torque but again, we were extremely rushed to get back out
there to get our runs in. My tranny only carries 2.1 quarts of oil, I
didn't think it would of kept them cleaning it up for very long.
Lesson learned, next time, change your own wheels. (I mean that in a good
way...!)

>What a day!!
>
>Doug

For YOU! Twas only the beginning for me. Julie said we were making
memories. In a way, yeah it was kinda cool how everybody wanted to help
me. (Except for the people who only wanted to see carnage on a VW. Screw
then guys.)
I was a little too busy being pissed about my ( less than 2 yrs old)
recently rebuilt "Reliable", "Trusty", "bulletproof" tranny to appreciate
it at the time. Ahh memories.... don't wanna do it again anytime soon.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and