Re: Byrne Motorsports

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 00:09:46 -0600 Keri Byrne <kerib@ptd.net> writes:

>Let me clarify the situation. I have been a list member for over a
month. I
>do not advertise my wifes business only mine (once) because it pertains
>directly to the cars on the list. If I were selling lets say tv's then I
>agree that is spam.

Well, if you had read the welcome letter, you would of known better. Just
us all a favor and re-read the welcome letter.

>I also belong to the Shelby-Dodge Mailing List and they
>have a rule that states a memeber can sell anything they want as long
>as it pertains directly to what the list is about.

That's great for them, it sounds like you must of read their welcome
letter. Some mailing lists welcome or simply don't care what's posted.
This list does care. Please refrain UNLESS its relevant to a post.
For example:
Somebody posted a message asking where to get shocks. You then could
reply that you sell them and you web page is www.blah-blah-blah if they
want see more info. See how that works?

> If you want product support for
>your cars you can't shoot yourselves in the foot by making it
>difficult to work with you.

Well guess what, most everybody here already has access to factory VW
parts for less money than the dealer wants.
don't shoot yourself in the foot by making yourself a nuisance when
you're very new to the group. There possibly is opportunity to make a
little cash from my fellow list members, there is a right and a wrong way
to go about it and so far my friend, your doing it all wrong. Im trying
to help you here.

>I apologize for offending anyone and everyone on the list and
>will be more careful how I network with VW owners (I am was one too am
>looking for a mid 80's GTI or Scirocco).
>Thx
>Tom Byrne, Byrne Motorsports

AFIAK, nobody was offended by your post and im certainly not mad at you,
just in case you thought otherwise.

>P.S. Those Koni's are well be low list and that price is for all for
>corners feel free to check with Koni to verify

Dude, I did. I can get all 4 adjustable shocks AND Neuspeed Race springs
for $750. Your web page advertises 4 shocks for $770? That's not very
competitive.

Oh, just checked your page again and it looks like you lowered the price
eh? Good man! "75-89 Rabbit/Scirocco, all models...$675 set of 4 (+S&H)"

Still, it could be better. :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and