Re: Jamax Air box

I have done the drilled air box thing, and i used to have the cold air
intake so i feel qualified to comment.

The drilled air box sounds bad-ass, possibly gives a little bit of hp over
stock depending on engine combo. the more air the engine flows, the better
this is over stock, however:
I used to have a 3" cold/ram air intake from under the air dam into the
airbox with a 3" cutout where the intake is and I noticed a huge difference
over stock at freeway speed. (proabably +2-3 hp) which is awesome. But i
did get a lot of bugs in my air filter hehehe

i have the drilled box on right now(more like gutted. 85% of the box is
gone completely :) because i reasoned that warm air is better for emissions
and the smog test. i love the sound, but when i get around to it, the ram
air is going back on with a bug screen!

BTW the engine compartment isn't filled with cold air at speed because the
air has to go through the radiator to get in. I'm sure it's not sweltering
at 70mph, but any drop in temperature is free horsepower, and we likes that!!

--
Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S JH -- turbo soon to come!
      San Diego, CA