Re: Re: sub box?

In a message dated 12/8/98, 2:43:51 PM, feenix@javanet.com writes:
<<
Alright, here goes. DON'T even try to build your own box. You probably
have no idea of the mathematics involved in wave acoustics and proper
geometry that produces said wave acoustics. Buy a decent PORTED sealed
enclosure>>

No knock intended but, right back atcha'
Good point but possiblly extreme. I've been lurking in the Audio Newsgroup
awhile, as well have my brother the 'sound man' and his biz. partner ( who
designs and builds institutional systems ) to ref. to.

My plan in the shor term is just to add some rear speakers to the '81 which
has no stock locations and in the future to build a tight 8" box that fits up
under the dash on the passenger's side.

Rolling your own is not to be taken lightly but can be accomplished with
satisfactory results. Lots of measure twice, cut one in terms of knowing your
speaker's parameters and box construction- but when you are done it will be
custom by default.

Check JL Audio's site for FAQs as well as Blaupunkt for their blaubox program.

Even if you end up not  building your own enclosure, knowing the basics will
help pick and integrate the right parts and/or help know what to expect/shoot
for.

TBerk