Almost there.....

Yippy-yippy-yeah!!!!!!!!!!

I finally fixed my charging problem today.  The connection in the
instrument cluster was not put in properly and thus, I guess, it caused a
short and it failed to charge the battery.  Prior to this, the volts read
about 10V while running.  I connected a ground wire from the alt. casting
to the head to no avail.  Correcting the instrument fixed that.

So here's the last two drawbacks before I will fine tune it and get the
thing running properly.  First, the bottom hose on the radiator is cold
although the top one is hot (ouch!!!!!!that burns...I got proof you know!)
My dad suggested that it could be the thermostat inside the water pump.
Any ideas as to what may cause this.  Secod, the flippin' oil pressure
light keeps appearing intermitently; that is, it flashes while driving or
during high revs.  I disconnected the wires fron the oil sender on the
driver side of the head and also the oil sender on the oil flange on the
front of the motor.  Someone had told me that it could be the relay,or
maybe my wiring is not correct (popssibly another shortage somewhere).  For
this one, I don't even know where to start.  Hence, any help will
suffice.......

Well, I guess I'll get back to studying now.......that was enough of a break.

Sal