scirocco storm conversion

I have an í85 UK Storm model, originally 1.8 k-jet.
It has recently been upgraded with a ~50,000 ml. 2.0 unit sourced from a
í92 Audi 80 2.0E.

The donor car had an electronic Digifant fuelling but I retained my
k-jet set-up.  I kept the audi inlet manifold because of the differences
in the injector seats, compared with the old 1.8 unit, but put a
4-branch & performance exhaust on and the obligatory K&N filter at the
other end.  Also swiss-cheesed  the air-box  to improve air-flow.

Initial verdict was: marked improvement in low-mid torque but poor at
the top-end ñ it wouldnít go beyond 5200rpm in top and pinked a lot
beyond 4500 once warmed-up.

Tried upgrading throttle body & warm-up regulator with ones from audi
2.2 5-cyl: not much difference.

Tried disconnecting vaccuum advance from distributor & plugging hose, to
see if it was over-advancing: This killed the acceleration, as expected,
but made no difference to the pinking/lack of top-end.

To my mind, this leaves four possible culprits, (assuming that it is not
an ingition problem):
Fuel pump, accumulator, injectors or fuel meter.

I donít think it is the injectors as there were no problems before and
the spray pattern looks OK. Not having easy access to a fuel system
pressure tester, it is difficult for me to rule out any of the others.

Any way of accurately testing the performance of the pump without a
gauge?

Anyone else done this or a similar conversion and had similar problems?

Any other ideas?