Re: Bug Show

>Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:54:50 -0700
>To: <faust@gateway.net>
>From: Salvatore Guzzo <yu129742@yorku.ca>
>Subject: Re: Bug Show
>
>At 03:59 PM 8/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>> There were some decent cars in the back - I saw Brett's white 'rocco, and
>>> a red one with the www.scirocco.org sticker (no name to identify the
>>> owner).
>>
>>That would've been my car.  In all the rain, I neglected up put my card up.
>> I just wanted a good parking space anyway. :-)
>>

>> There was also a Mark I which was really nice - except for the
>>> stereo.  I just don't see the point in enormous stereos.  But different
>>> strokes for different folks, I guess.
>>
>>The body kit on that one looked home-made, Tons of bondo.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Greg Faust
>>

>>--
>>

>Hi guys,
>
>I actually spoke to the fellow who owned the car.  He said that the body
kit came from a MKI scirocco.  He, apparently, purchased it for $15 at a
scrapyard.  He still had the original 1.6l motor and he had redone his door
panels (incidentally he had installed power windows).

>Nonetheless, I had a great time (with my dad) at the show.  Too bad there
weren't more cars being displayed.  It appeared as if there were many more
parked on the street which could have easily been displayed.  It was also
great meeting some of the members from the list. Every one was so pleasant
to converse with and share ideas.  "Scirocco list keep roccoing."
Hopefully next year the weather will be more appropriate and more cars on
display.

>Finally, I'll agree with Mike that the displays were indeed crap since
there were no real shops displaying their various items.  I was hoping to
get some deals on performance items (I didn't see any, maybe I missed them).