Great CDN Bug Show.

  Hey everyone. Myself, I thought the show was a success. There were a good
number more watercooled than last year. We outnumbered the aircooled easily.
I myself showed my car.....I was put into "Scirocco custom".....so I had
NOOOOOOOOOOO chance what-so-ever of winning. Having the Rocco ORG stickers
on my quarter windows made for easy identification. (for those that were
there and maybe looked at my car while I was away, it was the Chocolatey
brown/metallic black 84 with the Passat wheels and 16v kit)  I met Greg
Faust because of my stickers displayed. He then took me over to meet Brett
and see his 16v. Brett took pictures of us...so please, when he posts them,
NO LAUGHING !!! Awhile later Sal Guzzo stopped by my car and we chatted for
about 1/2 hr. It was a great day considering it rained, then poured off and
on. The previous day I had the pleasure (FINALLY..........after 1.5 yrs of
ICQ contact) of meeting John Van Vuren (he even looks like a redneck) and
his lovely and instantly likeable GF. It was actually their very first time
in Canada as well. He showed his 16v bunny truck.....he shoulda won a
plaque, but they screwed up with catagories and judging. Daun Yeagley also
came in from Ohio with his 16v, but a rock (cracked his windscreen) and a
bit of his own "not in any show condition" figuring kept his car in our
hostesses driveway on the Sunday. I do agree that the vendors were a bit
lack-luster this year compared to last year.

  All in all I had a great time the whole weekend, with the highlights being
meeting the list members that attended, followed closely by the show itself.
I also managed to stay off any of the NUMEROUS guardrails Toronto boasts.

    Verne :
    http://www.skyia.com/~vwman/h2ovw.htm     <---my car and general pics
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2830/   <---A1 pics only !!!!

       84 Wolfsburg Scirocco--Perf mods are adding up now
       91 Passat GL--The mods have begun....my wife's car
       89 Wicked Fat Chance--(MTB)...still rides like new
         | " Save the trails, don't ride in the mud,  |
         | and always drive watercooled Volkswagens." |