Re: Great CDN Bug Show.

>   Hey everyone. Myself, I thought the show was a success. There were a good
> number more watercooled than last year. We outnumbered the aircooled easily.

The show was pretty good, but I'll have to go up earlier next year to get in on
the VW caravan and Yonge Street partying (which I missed out on this year).

> I myself showed my car.....I was put into "Scirocco custom".....so I had
> NOOOOOOOOOOO chance what-so-ever of winning. Having the Rocco ORG stickers
> on my quarter windows made for easy identification.

People were asking me "What the heck are these scirocco.org stickers I keep
seeing on most of the sciroccos?"  People are noticing, getting connected,
and we're getting recognition.  Nice, eh?  Let's put the CCA to shame! :-)

> (for those that were
> there and maybe looked at my car while I was away, it was the Chocolatey
> brown/metallic black 84 with the Passat wheels and 16v kit)  I met Greg
> Faust because of my stickers displayed.

Greg & I drove up from Buffalo together, I'm suprised at how slow he was
driving considering the ultra-expensive straight cut gear racing tranny
he was running. :-)!  (ask him about this one if you're interested)

> He then took me over to meet Brett
> and see his 16v. Brett took pictures of us...so please, when he posts them,
> NO LAUGHING !!!

They aren't _that_ bad, well, maybe they are. :-)  And what do you mean that
you thought I'd be younger?  What's up with that, eh?

> Awhile later Sal Guzzo stopped by my car and we chatted for
> about 1/2 hr. It was a great day considering it rained, then poured off and
> on.

The rain really really sucked bad, I was soaked through twice.

> The previous day I had the pleasure (FINALLY..........after 1.5 yrs of
> ICQ contact) of meeting John Van Vuren (he even looks like a redneck) and
> his lovely and instantly likeable GF. It was actually their very first time
> in Canada as well. He showed his 16v bunny truck.....he shoulda won a
> plaque, but they screwed up with catagories and judging.

I thought I may have gotten hosed too.  They're using a points/award system
that I've never seen used before.  It seems that if there are 5 or fewer
cars in your class, they only hand out 1 (one) award. Naturally there were
only 5 modified sciroccos, and I didn't win first. :-(  I felt pretty sure
of a second place finish, and a definite third.  More specifically, it's a
40 point scoring system, and for 5+ there would only have been 1st & 2nd, 10+
cars would net 1-3rd.  This, IMHO, is rediculous considering they have
classes which have a _lot_ of trouble drawing 5+ cars (modified sciroccos
for instance).

> Daun Yeagley also
> came in from Ohio with his 16v, but a rock (cracked his windscreen) and a
> bit of his own "not in any show condition" figuring kept his car in our
> hostesses driveway on the Sunday.

I sure wish he'd shown up... :-)!

>  I do agree that the vendors were a bit
> lack-luster this year compared to last year.

Since I didn't attend last year, I'd have to say that I enjoyed this years
venders.  Sure they're weren't many tuners present, the selection of used
parts, or specials was much better then most shows I've attended.

>   All in all I had a great time the whole weekend, with the highlights being
> meeting the list members that attended, followed closely by the show itself.
> I also managed to stay off any of the NUMEROUS guardrails Toronto boasts.
>

>     Verne :

Yeah, I really enjoyed meeting the other list members, lets make a habit out
of it, ok?  I forgot to take a picture of Mike Helms, oops...no embarrassing
shot of you this year, but I'll get you next year! :-)

See ya!

==Brett