Bug Show

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note about the Great Canadian Bug Show this year.  I didn't
end up bringing my 'rocco down (it's still in the paint booth, and I could
have rushed it ... but i would have been too paranoid to leave it
anywhere), but I did go down for the day with a wad of cash and the will
to spend.

The flea market was dismal.  With exception to one display featuring two
A2 Golf VR6 conversions (yum, yum), there was virtually nothing.  I was
really hoping to pick up a nice suspension or a body kit ... I think the
air suckers must have been disappointed as well, as it didn't seem all
that great for anyone.

There were some decent cars in the back - I saw Brett's white 'rocco, and
a red one with the www.scirocco.org sticker (no name to identify the
owner).  There was also a Mark I which was really nice - except for the
stereo.  I just don't see the point in enormous stereos.  But different
strokes for different folks, I guess.

There was a decent Corrado contingency, with everytihng from mild to
full-out Gino.  I was also looking for an early Bug with the semaphore
turn signal flags - couldn't find a single one.

-- Michael Helms

'81 Scirocco - the fixer-upper
'86 Scirocco - the daily driver

Web Site:  http://home.ican.net/~dhelms/mike