SV: Brakes

I have 280mm G60 rotors and my original calipers moved out with
an adapter plate. Breaking is sligthly better than before,
better control but big gain is that they functions always and
doesn't send smoke signals. With some added power the original
brakes could't stop the car after two hard breaking from high
speed, now the car is braking nice even after 5 laps on race
tracks.

Brake pads are cheapest I find and they functions as good as VW
original.

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

> I believe that list member Roland Johanson (sp?) has the
11inch front
> rotors from a G60 and calipers fom a 16V.  I think he made an
adapter plate
> for the caliper to fit the big disks.
>
> I bet you could brake hard enough to pop your teeth out with
that setup.

> I personally have 10.1 fronts and 16V rear disks and I have
narrowly
> avoided several rear enders.  I mean I've had the guy behind
me lock up and
> slide in next to me twice now because I could stop so fast.
The 11inch