Re: Nology sux!

At 05:57 AM 8/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, sounds like the HALL sensor in the distributor is dead or on its
>last leg.  A common occurance on 16v's.  The simple solution is to
>just replace the entire distributor.  You may have had a pre-existing
>condition, and the Nology 'amplified' it (pun intended).

Alright, that was one thing I had considered. But, how long would the Hall
sensor hold up doing this intermittent thing? Its been doing it for several
months, and maybe a few thousand miles.

>Personally, I am not a fan of Nology based on bang for the buck, but
>it may not be their fault if the HALL was about to die anyways.

I got a good deal on it, so that it was as cheap as the other stuff, much
cheaper than stock. Which is pretty much the only reason I got it over the
competition.

>I have found 16v distributors (HALL) to last between 100~150k miles,
>or 10years.

Sounds about like replacement time to me. But I'm probably going to try
some other things first, like resistor plugs, because a distributor isn't a
cheap thing to replace if its not positively the problem.

Brad