Re: Nology sux!

---Brad Sheridan <brads@mindspring.com> wrote:

>   If you couldn't figure out by the title, I'm pretty ticked at
Nology. I
> stuck their wires,plugs, and ignition amp on several months back.
Since
> then I have been trying to track down 2 occasional problems. First my
> ignition occasionally just completely shuts off requiring me to turn
off
> the ignition and restart the car, and second, the car occasionally
has a
> hellacious stumble, almost as severe as the complete power loss. I
have
> replaced the distributor cap, rotor, ignition switch, and several
other
> possible culprits. The same symptoms occur with or without the
ignition
> amplifier crap on my car. It started happening shortly after I made
the
> mistake of installing the nology garbage
<SNIP>

Well, sounds like the HALL sensor in the distributor is dead or on its
last leg.  A common occurance on 16v's.  The simple solution is to
just replace the entire distributor.  You may have had a pre-existing
condition, and the Nology 'amplified' it (pun intended).

Personally, I am not a fan of Nology based on bang for the buck, but
it may not be their fault if the HALL was about to die anyways.

I have found 16v distributors (HALL) to last between 100~150k miles,
or 10years.

==
- -Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan