Re: 'Rocco ICE Install.....HELP!!!

Hi Riley,

	  Thanks for the mail!My plan is to remove the original
plastic kick panel and replace it with MDF (12mm thick) and blend
this into the door panel,then recover the whole door panel with
leatherite.Where the original speaker is at the moment would be
the general area of my Clif speakers will be,set at an angle to face the
drivers seat and completely sealed into the MDF.The tweeters will
also sit in that area,although direction is not that important,due
to the fact I have sensitive ears!!!(In my last '87 GTX 'rocco I
put tweeters on the top of the door panels next to the front quarter
glass panel and about deafened myself!!!).How do they sound when
in the stock grilles?
By setting the speaker at an angle,I should create enough room behind
for them to fit in.Will I have to somehow support all this MDF onto
the sheet metal inside the door,or should the panel be able to support
this weight?Should I use fibreglass or something to blend in the MDF to
the door panels?Please advise,any help is very much appriciated!

 	   Ewen Marshall
 	   '89 Blue Scala 'Rocco
 	   "Built in Germany...(VW)...Made In Scotland."

           Email:  ewan.marshall@UK.sun.com