Re: 'Rocco ICE Install.....HELP!!!

At 11:52 AM 8/13/98 +0100, you wrote:

>I am also doing a boot build for my subs and amps and I am
>open to any suggestions on how the best way to do this.I am
>not bothered about any space left.....ma cars for loving,not for
>shopping!!!!

Depending on the size of the subs (you only said they were 120W), and
weather they're free-air subs, or if they're for enclosed purposes.

I have a free air 12" 300W sub that i want to drop in the rear hatch, but
of course i'd have to nuke the stock hatch for a chunk of MDF (Medium
Density Fiberboard) or HDF, probably at least 1/2" and mount the amps on
the underside, and make sure that the board is nicely bolted down so it
doesn't vibrate.

Another thing you may want to try is to build an enclosure around the spare
wheel well under the hatch .. This would make a really clean install, but
unfortunately you have 2 subs, so i don't think we'll be fitting those in
there ;).

I think your best bet would be either to mount them on the back hatch or to
build a box for both of them and drop them in the trunk.

On the subject of boxes, i built one to hold a 12" and made an oversized
baffle board to mount my 2 Amps and crossover on .. It was 4.5cubic' with
an angled baffle board on the front .. I threw it in my Jetta, and it shook
the damned thing near appart ;)

Chris Cuzner (cuznerc@gilmore.ca)
File Management (Data Center)
Gilmore Global Logistic Services