RE: 'Rocco ICE Install.....HELP!!!

On Thursday, August 13, 1998 3:52 AM, Ewan Marshall - Frans Maas Linlithgow
[SMTP:Ewan.Marshall@UK.Sun.COM] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	I looking for some advice on fitting Stereo equipment
> in ma '89 'rocco Scala.I have the following stuff:
>
> Pair Clif Design California 6" Mids/tweeters and crossovers
>
> Pair Alpine SPS-6936 6 x 9 's
>
> 2 x JL Audio 12W0 Subs
>
> Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp
>
> Soundstream Reference 200 2 channel amp.
>
> I am mounting the Clif mids and tweeters in the door panels,
> but I'm not sure of the best way to do this.I think I will
> point all 4 speakers in my direction!!!
>
> I want the 6 x 9's in the rear quarters (where ashtray is in
> back seats).Does anyone know how this sounds????
>
> I am also doing a boot build for my subs and amps and I am
> open to any suggestions on how the best way to do this.I am
> not bothered about any space left.....ma cars for loving,not for
> shopping!!!!
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Ewen Marshall
> 	'89 Blue Scala 'Rocco
> 	"Built in Germany.....Made In Scotland."
>
> 	Email:  ewan.marshall@UK.sun.com

I put my 6X9's in the rear quarters in my Mk1 and it sounds great.  I
stuffed a bunch of couch cushion foam behind the speakers to fill up some
of the space and there is a small ( about 3x2) gap in the quarter panels
where the speaker doesn't seal tight but it seems to help focus the sound
up front.  You will need some good speakers in the doors though because the
6X9's will really rock and drown out other speakers.

.02

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop