[A3-A1] Driving impressions

I just got back from a couple of hours driving on the highway, and I just
wanted to say, I love my car. There's been quite a lot of talk on the list
lately about putting various 2.0 8v motors in early cars. All I can say is
do it. My car is a '78 Roc with a '93 (A3) Golf 2.0 Motronic setup...chip,
cam, 2.25 TT exhaust, lots of other go-fast stuff. It cruises on the highway
(around 75) near 4000rpm...kind of loud, but not noisy (if you know what I
mean.) The sound almost puts you in a trance after a while. Anyway, the car
looks fast and lately it seems every Mustang, low-rider pickup, Integra and
whatever else wants a piece of the Roc :`) Usually, they'll get right on my
bumper and I'll pull over to let them in front because I know what will
happen. When I get back behind them, they'll slow down just a little, then
attempt to leave me in a cloud of dust. Unfortunately for them, my car likes
nothing better than to launch from 80 (around 4200) to 100 in  no time. I
call this the Winnebago Trick because they feel like they're driving an RV
towing a compact car behind them...there's just no shaking me. I thought
about getting a Scirocco 2.0 badge made for my car, but decided against it.
Let 'em think they got abused by a 1.6.

JR