Re: intake manifold

In a message dated 8/11/98 8:48:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, VWN8@aol.com
writes:

>  I always thought that both the Audi 5000 and 4000 came with 5cyl engines.
> The
>  biggest intake manifold I've seen fitted to a VW is from a 5000 turbo
> manifold
>  with one of the runners cut off. Isn't this the manifold that Ron's Parts
>  sells?
>
>  Nate

Naw maaaaan,

What do you think the 4 & 5 stand for, anyway?  :)

When I was looking into Ron's Parts offerings I found both a 5 cyl. _and_ 4
cyl. Turbo intakes.

I don't think cutting off a runner is the way to go unless it's real cheap.

This guy, Randy- from the A1 Scirocco club, (who saved my butt w/ a radiator
house call) talked to me about a 4K intake manifold. He was saying that the
cold start injector was mount the to the back of the intake and had _some_
clearance problems. But it was not too bad.

I'm thinking this is the way to go, I have it on my feasibility list for the
2.0Liter engine. Still in the drawing board and assembling components stage.

Then again, What about a Quantum as donor Intake?

Thems my thinks,
TBerk