Re: Tech: Questions

Make sure the compression ratio will be correct. CC the head and stuff. I
always wanted to do this swap, for ultimate bottom end strength. With
piston jets, and a generally beefy build, you'll have massive revvability. :)

But I would drop in a hi-flow JH solid lifter oil pump. I had said
something before about the hydro/solid pumps, but I'm not 100% sure. Check
with the ultimate athority, Mike Potter :)

This sounds like the PERFECT motor to turbocharge to the limit!

At 08:12 PM 8/11/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I am putting a Corrado G-60 block into my 82 rocco.  I have a rebuilt head
>(solid lifter) that I am using.  A couple of days ago someone said you should
>change the oil pump because the hydro pump puts too much oil into the head.
>If I don't do this swap, will it harm the head or engine, or will it
consume a
>lot of oil?
>
>I am going to 10.1" brakes up front.  Would I be wise to change to rear
disks,
>or should I just use race shoes?  I know a lot of the braking is done by the
>front calipers, and that is why I am going to the larger front calipers.
>Also, is it difficult to swap Corrado 11" calipers?  I plan on running
drivers
>events with the car, so braking is very important.
>

>Sorry about all of the questions!
>Patrick (reviving an 82 rocco)
>
>--

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S