Scirocco 16v Body kit on a 8V (Procedure)

I'm in the process of completing the installation on the 16v body kit on my
'Roc.  It sure looks good.

Try to get it in the color of your car (if you get it used).  Here are the
important pieces:

4x wheel housing covers
2x side skirts
1x front skirt
1x back skirt
2x bottom door
Front and Rear bumper covers
10x screw hole covers (round clips) (I didn't have these and they are 28$
CAN at the dealer DOH!!)

1. Buy a lot of paint if it's not the same color of your car (I used
4x350ml big cans)
2. Buy 2 rolls of two side sticky tape.  (3M (tm))
3. Buy at least 30 screws (stainless of course!)  I also bought "screw
stands" (looks like a wavey washer)
4. Install the rear wheel housing skirts:

Tape the two side sticky tape on the body, where the wheel well skirt will
go.  Try to tape it on top.
You'll have to remove the tire.  Drill the 5 or 6 holes.
Place the skirt, use some "large scotch tape (tm)" to hold it tight. (at
least at 4-5 places).
Place the screws in.

5. Install the side skirts on both sides.  Just drill in the rocker panel.
 Put the screws in. You might want to put some glue where the rear well
skirt and side skirt meet.  I also drilled on the side and put the screws
in.  It's up to you at this point, because you're drilling in the body of
the car!!  I figure if I do a good oil anti-rust treatment every year, it
won't rust.

6. Install the front wheel well skirts.  You allready have the screws
factory there!!  (I had anyway).  Use the 3M tape there too.
note:  I had to cut a small plastic triangle on my 'Rocco.  This piece you
need to cut is located below the door, on the bottom of the front wheel
well.  You will also need to remove the tires.  (put the tires in the back
first!! or the car will fall down.)

7. Install the front skirt.  Drill where necessary.  Make sure the front
skirt overlap the wheel well skirt !!  4-5 screws will do.

8. Install the rear skirt.  I had to remove the rear bumper.  Refer to your
Bentley god book on how to remove the bumper, or just open your hatch,
remove the 4 bolts and watch your feets!!  You'll have to drill 4 screws (I
think)  I had to modify my tailpipe so that it would fit in the exst hole.

9.  Glue the door patches on both sides.  I used "Goop (tm)" and two
vise-grips (tm) to get them going.

10.  Install the round plastic covers to cover the screws.

I didn't install the bumper covers.  It's alot of work for nothing if you
ask me.

Good luck,  and pardon my english, I learned it by watching "The Simpsons
(tm)".

Feel free to so whatever you want with this email.  If you make money with
this email. It's probably Monopoly (tm) money or highly visible fake money.

Frank

(BTW I had very good results.  I'll put a pic somewhere on the web someday.
 If you have a 8v without a kit, invest 200-300$ in a used kit, it's worth
every penny.)

Frank