Re: American light upgrade ...

At 07:41 AM 8/10/98 -0400, Michael Helms wrote:
>I'm not sure how this arrangement compares to the Euro headlights (you are
>running the same bulbs, after all), but I'm sure the difference in light
>output is negligable.  As long as you don't mind keeping the look of your
>American style headlights, this is the way to go.

The difference in light output is basically nil.  I've had 400W high beams
with a setup like you described (US-size eurospec lenses), and 400W with
true "euro" lights.  The dispersal pattern is a little different with the
bigger euro H4 lenses, but that's about it...

For those of you with the US-spec lights, drop in eurospec replacements are
available from Hella, Bosch, Autopal, and probably others... you should
really, REALLY consider getting them.  HTH! :)