Re: 'Rocco ICE Install.....HELP!!!

At 11:52 AM 8/13/98 +0100, Ewan Marshall - Frans Maas Linlithgow wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>	I looking for some advice on fitting Stereo equipment
>in ma '89 'rocco Scala.I have the following stuff:
>
>Pair Clif Design California 6" Mids/tweeters and crossovers
>
>I am mounting the Clif mids and tweeters in the door panels,
>but I'm not sure of the best way to do this.I think I will
>point all 4 speakers in my direction!!!

Are good are you with fiberglass?  :)

To get all 4 speakers pointed up at you will require building out the
kickpanels.  This has been done before (can't remember who did it), but
there's really not much space there to begin with.  I don't think this is
the best way to go.

What I'm doing with my 6.5" a/d/s/ separates is a lot easier - I'm screwing
a baffle into the sheetmetal behind the door panel, behind the stock
speaker location.  The woofer will sit here, and fire (mostly) through the
stock speaker grille.  Although they will fire right into the legs of the
passengers, I don't think this will be a huge problem.  The tweeters will
also sit behind the stock grilles, but will be aimed up at the sunroof.  If
you pull all the foam away from behind the stock speaker location you'll
see there's about 2-3" of sheetmetal you can use to anchor the tweeter to.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!  HTH...