RE: American light upgrade ...

They are direct bolt in H4 lights with a Euro Light pattern, wattage
anything you want or can get in an H4 bulb.  Better light pattern (more
focused light) than the US spec.  And some are now DOT legal so the road
side check won't nab you a ticket.

Stephen Jacobs
Finally sold the Fox - perfect time for my 87 8V SII to break down now.