RE: [body] Post Painting Q's

Time to color sand and buff, then polish, then wax.  I would wait a while
longer thou, you can do it now.  If you are looking for details on how to do
this Mequiars has a set of real-video, or HTML files on this process.
http://www.mequiars.com I think it is, check out their random orbital buffer
video while there also.  You can get one, I have a Makita (sp?) unit that
has the pads, or you can spend the big bucks and buy a Porter Cable
relabeled as Meguiars unit.  The advantage to random orbital is no swirl
marks and an IDIOT could use it, I did.  BTW, I did the same thing to my Tow
Astro, and it turned out really nice, Black with clear also.  I painted it
on the driveway, since in the shopcreated to much overspray with my old
Binks gun.  I have since invested in a TIP Hvlp turbine system, still may
spray outside.

You will need 2000 grit wet dry paper Meguiars cut faster and leave fewer
swirl marks but it is hard to find.
A backing block, sure you have a sanding block made of rubber, never use
your hand.
LOTS of water
Meguiars Rubbing compound or who ever you like
Polish is a nice set but not really necessary
Wax - go with what you like - for really high gloss I use the GOLD class
wax, but just plain carnuba wax will do wonders.

Work slowly and remember to take the extra 10 minutes to do it correctly
otherwise you will spend a good 2 hours fixing your mistakes.  Also start
with the least abrasive product you can and go from there.  This process
BTW, can make the car look like glass, if all the prep work was done well.

Take care,

Stephen Jacobs

1987 8v Scirocco - still adding the go fast tricks.
1990 VW Fox GL Sport - for sale to make room for other toys.
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - undergoing hotrod resto - want to know more just
let me know.
1973 Porsche 914 2.0L soon to be 2.5L with close to 180HP my Auto-X baby and
weekend warior.
1988 Chevy AWD Astro Van - the Tow vehicle and wifes daily, 230hp but it
still need more power.