RE: Brake pads

Ferrodos are the best street pad you can get Velocity or Try GPR or
Potterman they are less from them.  They will stop like normal pads when
cold, but in a panic stop, the will grab and haul you down faster than any
other street pad out there.  Disadvantage - dust yes lots of dust, but then
that is just part of life, I live with dust, to be able to stop FAST.  Yes
you can run Hawks on the street, which will stop you better after hot, but
Ferrodos will do the trick quite nicely.  The best street pads I have ever
used, transformed my 9.4" vented system into something I could live with.
Currently I can lock the 9.4s up, which I was never able to do before so I
can now threshold brake with these cars.  Currently running P???? on the 13"
wheels - going to the 14s and Bridgestone RE900s may make a difference.

Ford Heavy Duty Brake Fluid - it is expensive racing fluid sold cheap by
your Ford Dealer - only thing I use in all my cars.  Porsches all the way
down to my Fox get this stuff, please do an entire brake fluid change, the
last 3 944s and my new Scirocco all had what looked like motor oil for brake
fluid.  Looks like motor oil, smells like brake fluid, must be brake fluid.
Nope did not taste it, I will leave that to my old chemistry teacher.

Take care,

Stephen Jacobs

1987 8v Scirocco - still adding the go fast tricks.
1990 VW Fox GL Sport - for sale to make room for other toys.
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - undergoing a hotrod resto - want to know more just
let me know.
1974 Porsche 914 2.0L soon to be 2.5L with close to 180HP my Auto-X baby and
weekend warrior.
1988 Chevy AWD Astro Van - the Tow vehicle and wifes daily, 230hp but it
still needs more power.