Re: Tranny Woes

> now i have a question, i found a plate with some letter/ number comination
> on it. it says 4K19103. what is this? it can't be the tranny code, could
> it? BTW where do i find the tranny code again? my HAYNES (i know, i know)
> manual didn't show it very well.

Yes, it's the tranny code.  You have a 4K, which is a close ratio.  I
don't have the info handy, maybe Shawn can give the stats?  It's
gonna be very similar to the 9A (what I have) that he posted the
ratios for recently.  The 19103 is the date code.......if memory
serves, it was manufactured 10/19/93.   HTH

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg