Re: Tranny Woes

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997 19:49:01 -0600 "Meat" <penny@sk.sympatico.ca> writes:
>tonight i changed the tranny oil in my rocco to Castrol Syntec 75/90
fully
>synthetic. first off let me say that in order to do this job you need
and
>11/16 nut and bolt to open the drain hole and fill hole.

Actually, its a 17mm allen wrench. But whatever works, works. I use an
old (Because I got a zillion of them) wheel bolt and a vice grip to do
the job myself. Works fine.

>anyways, my grinding going into 3rd has noticeably changed in a matter
of 2
>hours. and now to get the car not to grind going into reverse, all i
have
>to do is put it into 1st, first. i figure in time, the shifting may
improve
>even more. thank those nerdy scientists for synthetic oils!

You may notice that when the tranny is hot, like say after playing on the
freeway or autoxing, it will tend to grind a little bit. Mine grinds into
reverse when its hot, but never when its cold. The tranny is on a 6 month
old rebuild using NEO synthetic tranny fluid. Good stuff Manard.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and