Re: Tranny Woes

Meat wrote:

> tonight i changed the tranny oil in my rocco to Castrol Syntec 75/90 fully
> synthetic. first off let me say that in order to do this job you need and
> 11/16 nut and bolt to open the drain hole and fill hole.
>
> anyways, my grinding going into 3rd has noticeably changed in a matter of 2
> hours. and now to get the car not to grind going into reverse, all i have
> to do is put it into 1st, first. i figure in time, the shifting may improve
> even more. thank those nerdy scientists for synthetic oils!
>
> now i have a question, i found a plate with some letter/ number comination
> on it. it says 4K19103. what is this? it can't be the tranny code, could
> it? BTW where do i find the tranny code again? my HAYNES (i know, i know)
> manual didn't show it very well.
>
> tanx in advance.
> Sean Penny
> '84 Zender Z400 Scirocco (in progress)

Any reason why not Redline MT90?  You probably wouldn't have ANY
grinding after using that.  It's that good!
--
Jim Buck,
ES #99

For sale!
4-14"x6" rare all silver GTI "basket weave" rims, which I believe were
on 1985 GTI's   new condition except for 1 which has a very minor flat
spot.  $350
4-14"x6" Borbet type "C" rims, with VW centercaps, great condition $350
(look awesome on
all rabbits, jettas, sciroccos.
4-14"x6" Machined aluminum "hammers", great and straight $200