Re: Instant Karma..er HP

> it just clicked..umm I have an Autotech Power Module!! duh! It's
> only on the stock 16v 1.8L position, but that's where my extra +10-13HP
> are comming from..Well ok so maybe the k&N gives me +2-3..but for
> that $150 a year and a half ago..I'd say it was worth it..Plus I can
> use it on up to a heavily modded 2.0L =].. I know another comapany
> has a module out now too..anyone tried it..or remeber what brand it
> is?

  Techtonics, excellent writeup on it in this months EC. It was described
so well, I could reverse engineer it on just their article:) Not that I'd
bother making one just like Techtonics, it'd be less hassle just to buy it.
Interesting that your getting 10+hp, I recall that the old Power module ads
didn't promise that much hp, but that 10-13 hp range is also what the
Techtonics one claims to be adding to a Scirocco 16V.
   Another interesting thing is that this module sounds alot like the Power
module as described in the Oct 90 issue of VW&P, in that it modifies the
signal from the temp. sensor, whereas someone from the newsgroup has
said that the newer Autotech ones connect at the differential pressure
regulator.

> I wonder why Peter Wu hasn't added this to his car to get +50
> hps?..oh thats in conjunction with the plug wires!

  He added it, but said it gave him over 500 additional hp, the car was just
too fast too be driveable on the street, so he had to take it off.

Brad